Location: The property is located in the Sterling Valley adjacent to the town owned Sterling Forest and the Mt. Mansfield State Forest.
Date Protected: August 1997
Current Landowner: Stowe Land Trust
Conservation Purposes: The purpose for conserving this property was to protect the scenic, recreational and productive landscape for present and future generations.
Project Background: Ownership of the Page property was donated to Stowe Land Trust by landowner Jane Norton Page.
Property Description: The property is located high on the Sterling Range in the Green Mountains. While it is entirely within the town of Stowe it was formerly in two separate towns which merged into Stowe in the mid-1800's. The largest portion of the property was formerly in the town of Mansfield and was added to Stowe in 1848 and the northern portion of the property was formerly in the town of Sterling and merged with Stowe in 1855. The property was owned by the Wade family until 1903 when the property was purchased by the Burt Family. For almost 70 years the property was managed for timberland by Burt Forests, Inc. Jane Norton Page purchased the property in 1965 and donated the land to Stowe Land Trust in 1997. Several trails that are part of a more extensive network in Sterling Valley traverse the Page Forest including the Catamount Trail, Marston Trail, and Lauren’s Loop.