Annual Meeting & Community Celebration
Celebrate Conservation and Community
Sunday, September 22nd, 2019 from 2-5 pm off Tamarack Road in Stowe
Join us for a celebration of 32 years of conservation in our community Sunday, September 22nd (2-5 pm) in a field off Tamarack Road in Stowe. Participate in the business meeting, and then mingle with friends & neighbors and admire the view across the valley of the newly conserved Brownsville Forest. We'll have fun activities set up on the field for the whole family. Please RSVP here -->
Schedule of Events
2:00 - 3:00 pm Business Meeting and Guest Speaker*
*There will be children's programs (ages 5+) provided by the Stowe Land Trust's Summer Naturalist, Grace, and the Market Garden School during the business portion of the event. You must be a member to vote during the business meeting.
Guest Speaker: Dr. Aron Steward
Discovering the Therapeutic Power of Birds and Other Stories About How We All Need Nature to Thrive
Dr. Aron Steward is a psychologist with expertise in violence prevention, health & wellness, alternative therapies, burnout prevention, and organizational consultation. Growing up on a small farm in the rural mountains of Vermont, Dr. Steward learned the importance of work ethic, community, family, and simplicity. Those early years fostered in her a strong desire to help others; that interest later developed into motivation to obtain a degree in the counseling field. Until recently, Dr. Steward served as the Assistant Clinical Director at Woodside Juvenile Rehabilitation Center in Colchester, VT where she cultivated the use of alternative therapies to help youth including, yoga, mindfulness practices, and nature-based strategies - including some very simple actions with striking outcomes. Dr. Steward is currently Chief of Psychology at The University of Vermont Health Network - Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital and resides in the Burlington area with her family.
- Frisbees, balls, and lawn games
- Kids games and activities with SLT's summer naturalist Grace
- Painting Station: paint a flag which represents what our community and conservation means to you. We'll hang the finished products at our office in Stowe.
- Take a hay ride with with local farmer and SLT board member, Ryan Percy
- Free Family Portraits by local photographer Sarah Salvas. Have your photo taken by a photographer with the beautiful Worcester Range in the background. A link to access your photo will be emailed to participants after the event.
- At 3 pm - take a tour of the Market Garden, a farm-based educational summer camp, which is located across the street from annual meeting!
- More activities coming soon!
November 3, 2019
2019 Vermont 10 Miler
November 7, 2019
Bingham Falls Master Plan: Public Open House
November 16, 2019
Fall Family Hike
December 5, 2019
Moose Status in the Northeast
January 11, 2020
Winter Tree ID Walk
February 15, 2020
Nordic Ski in Brownsville-Story Ridge Forest
February 15, 2020
Moonlight Snowshoe in Brownsville-Story Ridge Forest