Celebrate Conservation and Community!
Sunday, September 12th, 2021
Each fall, Stowe Land Trust celebrates our community and looks back at everything that has been accomplished over the year. This year, we're excited to host everyone under a big tent at the Joe's Pond property in Morristown. Thank you to Ron Stancliff & family for hosting us!
Directions: Joe's Pond is located just over the Stowe line in Morristown. Heading north on Route 100 turn right onto Stancliff Road once across the town line. Travel .5 miles down Stancliff Road until you spot the Stowe Land Trust sign on your right
Schedule of Events
2:00 - 3:00 pm Business Meeting and Guest Speaker
Please register here to let us know you're coming!
3:00 - 5:00 pm Ice Cream by Sisters of Anarchy & Pies by Stowe Land Trust Board Members, Outings & Activities on site
Theresa Snow, Salvation Farms
Building Resilience in Our Local Food Systems
Theresa Snow, Salvation Farms' founder and Executive Director will share the reality of food loss on farms in Vermont and how her organization approaches this as an opportunity to build community reliance on local farms. She will share how Salvation Farms works to model regionally based responses that manage surplus farm food through collaborative partnership and why this is important socially, environmentally, and economically.
Outings & Activities
- Kid's Activities with SLT's Summer Naturalist Ryan
- History of Joe's Pond Walk & Talk led by Tracy from the Noyes House Museum
- Self-guided tours of the scenic trail network at Joe's Pond
- Gravel bike ride past the Valcour Farm, conserved in April 2021, led by board member Jesse (approx. 10 mile loop departing around 3:15 pm)
- Ricketson Farm Conservation Project Display & Historical information provided by Stowe Land Trust and the Stowe Historical Society.