Today we finished installing our educational pollinator garden next to our office at 6 Sunset Street in Stowe, VT! Elisabeth and I built a raised bed to fit 15 pollinator plants that I picked up from River Berry Farm through their Northeast Pollinator Plants website. Jane Sorensen, one of the owners of River Berry Farm was an amazing resource throughout this process, as she recommended what plants we should buy, and how we should landscape our space. The types of plants we have in the garden are:
- New England Aster (Symphyotrichum novae-angliae)
- Wild Bergamont (Monarda fistulosa)
- Blue False Indigo (Baptisia australis)
- Anise Hyssop (Agastache foeniculum)
- Purple Coneflower (Echnacea purprea)
- Blazing Star (Liatris spicata)
- Wild Strawberry (Fragaria virginiana)
- Smooth White Beardtongue (Penstemon digitalis)
We also added jalapeño and summer squash!
I am excited that we have these plants next to our office and can't wait to see some pollinators fly by.
January 8, 2020
News: We are Hiring! 2020 Summer Naturalist
December 2, 2019
Press: The Outdoors are for Everyone
November 11, 2019
News: Bingham Falls Master Plan - Public Input Needed!
November 6, 2019
News: Halloween Storm Damage Update