Today we finished installing our educational pollinator garden next to our office at 6 Sunset Street in Stowe, VT! Elisabeth and I built a raised bed to fit 15 pollinator plants that I picked up from River Berry Farm through their Northeast Pollinator Plants website. Jane Sorensen, one of the owners of River Berry Farm was an amazing resource throughout this process, as she recommended what plants we should buy, and how we should landscape our space. The types of plants we have in the garden are:
- New England Aster (Symphyotrichum novae-angliae)
- Wild Bergamont (Monarda fistulosa)
- Blue False Indigo (Baptisia australis)
- Anise Hyssop (Agastache foeniculum)
- Purple Coneflower (Echnacea purprea)
- Blazing Star (Liatris spicata)
- Wild Strawberry (Fragaria virginiana)
- Smooth White Beardtongue (Penstemon digitalis)
We also added jalapeño and summer squash!
I am excited that we have these plants next to our office and can't wait to see some pollinators fly by.
March 27, 2020
News: SHWC Partnership receives Conservationist of the Year Award
March 19, 2020
News: SLT Temporarily Closes Office; Land and Trails Remain Open
March 5, 2020
News: Stowe Land Trust Seeks Reaccreditation
February 27, 2020
Press: Thank our Farmers, Love our Loggers. Then do More.