SLT Participating in Stowe Arts Week
As a participating organization in the Stowe Arts and Culture Council, Stowe Land Trust is pleased to present Stowe Arts Week 2018!
Long known as the “Ski Capital of the East,” this summer Stowe will be the epicenter of the arts when the Stowe Arts and Culture Council presents for the first time ever, Arts Week 2018, to celebrate Stowe's long history and involvement in the arts. Running from July 21 through July 29, Arts Week will feature events from a wide variety of local arts and cultural organizations.
For a full calendar of events, click here.
• Helen Day Art Center's “Exposed” Opening Festival – an annual outdoor sculpture exhibit, with an opening walkabout and outdoor festival on July 21st from 4 to 8 p.m. HDAC will also be showing the “Reclamation” exhibition in the Main Gallery.
• Stowe Land Trust will hold a Nature Photography Walk with Mike Hitelman on July 21.
• Stowe Free Library will host Nancy Marie Brown, discussing “Songs of the Vikings,” sponsored by the Vermont Humanities Council, on July 23.
• The Stowe Recreation Department will have Papier Mache Making on July 23, and Painting Masks on July 24.
• The Swing Peepers, presented by Stowe Performing Arts, will be playing at the Helen Day Gazebo on July 24.
• The Stowe Jewish Film Festival will show the documentary film “Itzhak,” on July 25.
• “Art on Park” in the village, Thursday, July 26.
• Join Stowe Land Trust for a family hike up Sunset Rock, Thursday, July 26.
• Stowe Historical Society's “Steve Perkins: Vermont” on July 26.
• Meet the Artistic Director of Spruce Peak Chamber Music Society & Opening Reception: Exploring Air group exhibition, at Edgewater Gallery, July 27.
• Stowe Vibrancy's summer series will show the film Coco in the village on July 28 at dark with festivities.
• Stowe Theatre Guild will be producing “Heathers” in the Town Hall Theatre on July 28.
• Gallery Walks will be scheduled to highlight the excellent fine arts and crafts galleries in Stowe.
• Stowe Performing Arts will present “The Dustbowl Revival” at the Trapp Family Lodge Concert Meadow, July 29.
• Spruce Peak Performing Arts will have a workshop and performance of “Cirque Us” and “Star Struck: A Comic Genius,” on July 29 and Tab Benoit with special guest Dwight Ritcher for Sat July 21 at 7pm
• Music in the Meadow will continue its summer season on July 29 at the Trapp Family Lodge Meadow.
• Simmons Tracker organ and Steinway piano performances at the Stowe Community Church on July 29.
The Stowe Arts and Culture Council (SACC) is a group of Stowe community members, organizations, and business representatives who gather regularly to collaborate and plan to further the vibrancy and attractiveness of Stowe as an inspiring place to live and visit, with the promotion of Stowe as a global center of the arts at the core of its mission.
November 27, 2018
Become a Volunteer Land Steward Today
October 16, 2018
SLT Welcomes New Director
October 4, 2018
SLT Hires Conservation Program Coordinator
September 26, 2018
Stowe Land Trust's 31st Annual Meeting & Celebration - Thank You!