News: VT's Outdoor Recreation Plan Update - Please Take the Survey!
Vermont's Statewide Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan (SCORP) is being updated. This plan will assess the provision and need for outdoor recreation in the state. The survey is being conducted by the Vermont Department of Forests, Parks & Recreation in partnership with the Center for Rural Studies at the University of Vermont to gather input from all Vermonters regarding outdoor recreation. Even if you do not regularly recreate outdoors, your voice is still needed. Please share your thoughts today!
What is the SCORP?
States are required to update their SCORP every five years to remain eligible to receive federal Land and Water Conservation Fund, as well the federal Recreational Trails Program funds. The plan guides outdoor recreation policies, programs and funding for projects.
How can I get involved?
- Take the online public input survey. Call 802-598-4551 or email amy.kelsey@ to have a paper copy of the survey mailed to you. The survey will be available online from August 8th- September 2nd, 2019. uvm.edu
- Attend an open-house style public meeting:
- Monday August 19th, 6-8 pm, Brattleboro Central Fire Station
- Tuesday, August 27th, 6-8 pm, Thatcher Brook School Gymnasium, Waterbury
- If you are an outdoor recreation provider (public or private entity that provides outdoor recreation services, programs or assets), please contact Jessica Savage at jessica.savage@ or 802-249-1230 to take a provider survey. vermont.gov
- Contact Jessica Savage at jessica.savage@ or 802-249-1230 with any comments or questions. vermont.gov
- Read the last SCORP to get a sense of the type of information we gather.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts with the Vermont Department of Forests, Parks & Recreation!
November 11, 2019
News: Bingham Falls Master Plan - Public Input Needed!
November 6, 2019
News: Halloween Storm Damage Update
October 25, 2019
Press: Vermont 10 Miler Race Returns to Stowe Nov. 3
October 23, 2019
Press: Brownsville Exhibit Receives Honors