Recognizing the importance of fresh air and exercise, Stowe Land Trust owned properties remain open to the public during mud season. This includes: Wiessner Woods, Kirchner Woods, the Mill Trail, and DuMont Meadow. Visit our Explore Map to learn about additional recreation opportunities in Stowe.
Below are guidelines put in place to keep you and our community safe and healthy during this pandemic. Please be responsible trail users. (Updated 4/13/2021)
- Go out only if you are feeling healthy.
- Follow current Vermont COVID-19 travel guidelines.
- Have a mask with you. Wear it when you pass other visitors.
- Be courteous of other visitors and keep your dog leashed or under voice command. Dogs must be in your sight and come back when called.
- Spring in VT means mud! Walk through muddy wet areas not around them. This helps protect the soil and plants along the side of the trail.
- Wash your hands when you get home.
Other local trail networks are managed by different organizations.
Check out their websites for more info!