Looking to make an impact at the community level? Join Stowe Land Trust as our Youth and Volunteer Projects Coordinator! This is an 11-month, full-time AmeriCorps Member position serving through the Vermont Housing and Conservation Board.
The Youth and Volunteer Projects Coordinator is the next evolution of Stowe Land Trust's Summer Naturalist Program, which provides learning opportunities that inspire local citizens to engage with the natural world and foster a love and appreciation for the land. As our Youth and Volunteer Projects Coordinator, you’ll work alongside our staff, board, volunteers, and partners to create and deliver programs that connect people to this special place, with a focus on youth, families and volunteers of all ages. As part of our small team, you’ll be able to contribute your voice and passions to the development of new outreach projects and programs, and our efforts to build a welcoming and inclusive conservation community.
- Develop and deliver educational and experiential programs and service-learning opportunities to school groups, day camps, and others;
- Assist with SLT’s stewardship program including recruiting, coordinating, and managing volunteers and completing annual stewardship tasks on fee-owned properties;
- Maintain accurate and timely program, stewardship, and volunteer records;
- Create content for SLT’s print, web, and social media outreach efforts;
- Represent SLT at various public outreach events;
- Participate in an Independent Service Project under the guidance of VHCB AmeriCorps;
- Participate in all VHCB AmeriCorps Trainings, Service Days, Events, and Program Initiatives;
- Engage in professional and personal development activities and networking opportunities.
This position involves both field and office service. Some weekend and evening service is required.
This position is part of the Vermont Housing & Conservation Board AmeriCorps program (VHCB AmeriCorps). VHCB AmeriCorps is a national service program that places members with non-profit housing or land and energy conservation organizations around the state.
This is a Full Time Position: Requires 1,720 hours for an average of 40 hours per week for 48 weeks. Member will receive a living allowance of $25,550 (pre-tax), and an education award of $6,495 (pre-tax) upon successful completion of service. Other benefits include health insurance, federal school loan forbearance, and various training and networking opportunities. This position does have recurring access to vulnerable populations (youth, persons over 60, individuals with disabilities).
Position open until filled. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis through the Americorps portal. Information on how to apply can be found on VHCB's website. Please email Community Engagement Manager Barry Matthews, with any questions. A full position description is available here (PDF).